using cu for ct

P. T. Withington ptw at vaxine.UUCP
Thu Sep 1 22:58:38 AEST 1983

Either r got your address wrong or your mailer doesn't know where you are; but
I did try to mail this rather than post it:

     >From ima!vaxine!ptw Tue Aug 30 17:39:47 1983 remote from allegra
     Sender: ptw at ima!vaxine.UUCP
     Subject: cu for ct
     To: lauren at LBL-CSAM

     I have successfully used the following in a shell file to call myself on
     a dialer line that has an init/getty hanging in open.

	     cu $number -t -a /dev/cua0 -l /dev/null < /dev/null

     -t almost does what you want, but specifying /dev/null as the line keeps
     it from complaining "line busy" because init resets the tty modes; using
     /dev/null as input just gets the cu to terminate right away so that it
     doesn't waste cpu cycles.

				  't`   --Tucker (ptw at vaxine.UUCP)
				   ~
P.S.
I'd be interested in ct for 4.1 if you do it.