Array Processor Advice wanted

brown at kpno.UUCP brown at kpno.UUCP
Mon Apr 23 16:59:12 AEST 1984

<

    There is a group here which is hoping to purchase a 30-50 Mega FLOP
array processor to hang on a Vax(hopefully a 790) in the next year.  I
would very much like to know of anyone's good/bad experience with the
different processors which are available.  We do not have any experience
with these beasties and would appreciate any/all comments.  Rumors or
hearsay is ok too as long as I know that it is such.

     If you know of new products which are about to be announced or are
not well known I'd like to hear about them.

    For the sake of argument lets assume that the Vax will be running
Un*x(Ultrix??? ).

    Please excuse this posting to unix-wizards, but I want to make sure
this message makes it to ARPA land and I don't believe that net.wanted is
gatewayed.

	regards,
	Mike Brown	National Solar Observatory
			Tucson, Arizona			(602) 325-9249

UUCP:	{akgua,allegra,arizona,decvax,hao,ihnp4,lbl-csam,
	 sdcarl,sdcsvax,seismo,trwspf,unc,utastronomy,ut-sally}	!kpno!brown
ARPA:	kpno!brown at LBL-CSAM
CSNET:	brown at arizona