what's the opinion on "sigrestartable()"?

Doug Elias elias at eosp1.UUCP
Thu Apr 19 05:55:09 AEST 1984

*

..!seismo!mike <i think this is Mike Muus?> proposed a new
system-call,

    sigrestartable()

which would be utilized to allow processes to select either pre-4.2
signal-handling, or 4.2-style; the primary difference addressed is
whether or not a system-call should be resumed after being interrupted.

...i don't recall seeing a lot of discussion about this; we develop
s/w on VAXen that gets down-loaded to other boxes for actual shipment
to customers, and some of the code that needs testing prior to down-
want to retain that testing-ability, we'll probably have to "enhance"
our kernel with something like what was proposed...right?

...anybody else have "important" s/w depending on interruptable-
system-calls?

doug