Need source and object file organization scheme

Andrew Siegel abs at rdin.UUCP
Wed Apr 4 07:35:48 AEST 1984

<entomological offering>

My company is having a problem organizing its source, object,
and object archive files;  specifically, we keep breaking links, and
can't even keep track of those links that *aren't* broken.

Can anyone out there suggest or describe a system of file
organization (links, repository directories, whatever) that is
straightforward, self-documenting (or requires minimal external
documentation), and conservative of space?  (We don't have many
problems with our source files; it's the object and object archive
files that give us headaches.)

Any and all suggestions are welcome.  Thanks in advance.

			Andrew Siegel, Resource Dynamics, Inc.,  New York, NY
			philabs!rdin!abs