Want Info on Able/Emulex

Ed Gould ed at unisoft.UUCP
Sat Apr 21 15:19:07 AEST 1984

Both the Able VMZ32 and the Emulex CS[12]1/F work fine with the
4.2 dmf driver.  I have seen some problems with 4.1, however,
but they are not related to the emulators (i.e. they happen with
DEC dmf's, too).  Accord Computer in Irvine also makes a working
dmf emulator.  (Note that all of these emulators only emulate
the asynchronous portion of the dmf, not the line printer, parallel,
or synchronous portions.  The Able VMZ/LP emulates just the
line printer portion, but I have no experience with it, yet
(but I've just received a demo board from Able that I'll try)).

--
Ed Gould
ucbvax!mtxinu!ed