Sys V Release 2 Programmer's Manuals

R. Curtis Jackson rcj at burl.UUCP
Sat Apr 21 09:02:26 AEST 1984

Since my posting of my question about my yacc(1) MR being handled
in the Sys V Release 2 Programmer's Manual, I have received several
comments to the effect that the Programmer's Manuals only contain
stuff for *(2),*(3),*(4),*(5) sections; the User's Manuals contain
*(1) and *(6), etc.

The latest Programmer's Manuals I have are for Sys 3, and they are
organized by Subject; here are a few example section titles:

Section #		Title/Subject Matter
---------		-------------------------
18			Calculators
20			Graphics
25			SCCS
28			VPM
37			Security

There are also sections that correspond to User's Manual section
1 subject material:  lex, yacc, m4, sed, nroff, fsck [which is in
the Administrator's Manual, section 1, of course], etc.

When did the Programmer's Manual change format?  Was it with Sys V
or just with Rel 2?

Thanks,
--

The MAD Programmer -- 919-228-3313 (Cornet 291)
alias: Curtis Jackson	...![ ihnp4 ulysses cbosgd clyde ]!burl!rcj