RA81 power fail problems

Chris Boylan boylan at dicomed.UUCP
Thu Apr 26 11:30:42 AEST 1984

Your ra81 is obviously broken.

Has anyone dealt with the problem with the ra81 failing to reboot
after a longish powerfail because the boot rom doesn't loop (or
doesn't loop long enough) waiting for the drive to come ready and
gives up before the drive spins up.  Local DEC people were less than
convinced that this was a DEC problem and didn't really know what
to do about it.  I don't know what magic phrase is needed to get
DEC to generate an ECO on this either....

	Chris Boylan
	DICOMED Corp.
	{we13 | uwvax | ihnp4!umn-cs}!dicomed!boylan