Systems Industries 9900 and Simacs

mike at BRL-TGR.ARPA mike at BRL-TGR.ARPA
Wed Apr 25 10:06:48 AEST 1984

From:      Mike Muuss <mike at BRL-TGR.ARPA>

The 9400, 9800, and 9900 all have the error in the MBA byte count
register when operations abort.  This is due to the additional
buffering inside the SI formatter (so SI tells me).

A corrected 4.2 driver with documentation is availible via anonymous
FTP from BRL-TGR, file arch/si.tar and I'll mail it to any UUCP site
which does not have it yet.  Send me your path, or uucp dialing
directions.  This driver correctly operates in a mixed environment,
ie, DEC, Emulex, and/or SI, on the same system.

Best,
 -Mike Muuss

(301)-278-6678
  AV  283-6678
  FTS 939-6678

ArpaNet:  Mike @ BRL
UUCP:     ...!{decvax,research}!brl-bmd!mike
Postal:
  Mike Muuss
  Leader, Advanced Computer Systems Team
  Computer Techniques and Analysis Branch
  Systems Engineering and Concepts Analysis Division
  U.S. Army Ballistic Research Laboratory
  Attn: DRSMC-BLB (Muuss)
  APG, MD  21005