Bug in DH/DM driver or Automatic Reboot

bloom%ucbshadow at ucb-vax.ARPA bloom%ucbshadow at ucb-vax.ARPA
Tue Apr 24 04:17:00 AEST 1984

From:  Jim Bloom <bloom%ucbshadow at ucb-vax.ARPA>

The auto-reboot bug is either in init or in the kernel.  This
problem has nothing to do with the DH/DM board since the console
is not connected to it.  What happens is that the console sends
a cntl-S to the system during the auto-configuration output.
For some reason the systems loses the cntl-Q somewhere.  I fixed
the problem quickly (but not correctly) by slowing the console
to 1200 baud from 2400 baud.  I suspect that flushing the input
buffer for the console at the beginning of init would fix the
problem.
					Jim Bloom
					ucbvax!bloom
					bloom at ucbvax.ARPA