network basics

Lyle McElhaney lmc at denelcor.UUCP
Sun Apr 29 05:18:18 AEST 1984

Well, here I am, a middlin' size wizard, and I've never networked (except
RS232-uucp links, and a smidgin of ethernet), and now I've got to take
the plunge. I need a bunch of piddling questions answered, and I can't
seem to find anyone else close to answer them.

	Presuming you are using 4.2 networking, what are the best
	options for networking together two Unibus's? Three?
	What are the costs involved, and the risks? What's supported
	by 4.2? If you have a standard driver for any particular
	communications device, can the networking software simply
	use the open/close/read/write interface to communicate over
	that device?

I think that if I get sufficient answers to that question, I may be
able to ask the next level up questions intelligently. Thnaks for the
help and advice.
I think that if I get sufficient answers to that question, I may be
able to ask the next level up questions intelligently. Thanks for the
help and advice.

--
		Lyle McElhaney
		(hao,brl-bmd,nbires,csu-cs,scgvaxd)!denelcor!lmc