BSD job control

cowan at Udel-Relay.ARPA cowan at Udel-Relay.ARPA
Tue Apr 3 11:53:51 AEST 1984

From:      Ken Cowan <cowan at Udel-Relay.ARPA>

	I'll have to agree with JBF that job control is the greatest thing
since the wheel.  I don't think I ever sit down in front of my terminal
without having multiple processes running.  The biggest win is for
program development.  I always have the editor fired up on one job
(where I switch between files, btw), and fire up make (often in
backgroud) and still have my shell available for random things (mail and
the like).

	I thought the references to blits were interesting.  But
seriously, can you imagine a university going that direction?  It
looks like this one is going the route of cheap terminals (Z19's, ADM5's).

	Ken