source of 'cut' rewrite posted to net.sources

Dave Ihnat, Chicago, IL ignatz at ihuxx.UUCP
Tue Aug 14 02:44:07 AEST 1984

Ahem...a minor oversight on my part, to those of you who may
wish to use my version of 'cut' on CP/M systems...I have a
twiddled version of ZCPR on my Aztec disk that *doesn't* convert
the arguments to upper case on the command input line.  Thus,
the program, as written, will not accept command line arguments
on a system that performs upper-case conversion.  The solution is
either to 'tolower()' the command-line characters in the switch
statement, or to add an upper-case check for each letter. (The
latter is the simplest method, since there aren't a lot of options).

Also, for those with Aztec, in the course of tweaking the file to
include the Unix(Tm) environment, I accidentally added a semicolon
on the end of the line defining the TAB character.  This resulted
in the delimiter declaration having two semicolons after macro
expansion; a legal 'C'-ism, giving a null statement, but Aztec 'C'
went bonkers when I did a recompile to check the changes.

-Dave Ihnat
 ihuxx!ignatz