4.2 networking: pup & other non-IP protocols

lee at ROCHESTER.ARPA lee at ROCHESTER.ARPA
Wed Aug 29 00:58:33 AEST 1984

From:  Lee Moore <lee at ROCHESTER.ARPA>

Item 1: Pup
	Anybody who has tried using the Pup support under 4.2 knows
	that it has never been tested against Xerox hardware.  A guy
	here hacked this once for 4.1c but under 4.2 we are running the
	Stanford Pup code.  Did anybody bother to fix the Pup protocols
	for 4.2?

Item 2: non-IP
	Has anybody implemented any non-internet protocols under 4.2?
	Staring at the code, I see some Internet dependencies lurking
	around.  Has anybody straightened them out?  I have some
	ideas on how things should be but I would be interested in
	other opinions.

Many thanks,
   lee