UDA50/RA81 problem -- HELP !

Pierre Wodon philst at hirst1.UUCP
Tue Aug 7 13:35:51 AEST 1984

We run 4.1BSD on a VAX11/780 with a single disk, a RA81.  Since the beginning,
sporadic unexplained disk faults occurred.  These faults recently reached an
intolerable rate.

We tried to install 4.2BSD, but to no avail: the disk goes offline during
the process.  (DEC told us that such problems did not occur under 4.2.)

If you have a similar configuration, experienced similar problems and
solved them  OR,  if you have the same configuration (only one RA81 on a
780),  we would be very grateful to hear from you.

Michel Lacroix & Georges Louis
Philips Reseach Lab. Brussels