Style question - how to kill process based on user name / tty?

hjb%camsteve at UCL-CS.ARPA hjb%camsteve at UCL-CS.ARPA
Fri Aug 17 12:22:00 AEST 1984

From:  Harry Barman <hjb%camsteve at UCL-CS.ARPA>

<I'm-not-sure-if-this-bug-really-exists-but-just-in-case>

You might need someone else to kill off your process if you do
something like this in your main csh on 4.2bsd...

% set wombat = `leave 2100`

the cshell will jam up until the leave process goes away!, and there
seems to be no way you can kill it from that terminal, you either have
to go log in and kill it from another terminal, or get your friendly
super-user person to do the evil deed.  If anyone knows of a way
around this hanging up problem I'd be glad to hear of it.

                  Harry J. Barman

University of Cambridge Computer Lab., Cambridge, UK.

P.S. Is there still a line eater out there, or is it just another
sewer dweller.