Ethernet controllers/vendors (summary)

Phil Ngai phil at amd.UUCP
Thu Aug 30 11:14:04 AEST 1984

For people considering buying a unibus ethernet controller, you may
wish to know that Interlan has a new model NP100 which implements IP/TCP
onboard using an 80186 microprocessor. The NP100 should greatly
offload the host. Unfortunately it won't be in full production
until December.

It's not just a rumor, I called up the factory and 3com said
they aren't making their Unibus ethernet controller anymore.

I've been talking with the system administrator of Excelan and they
are going to join the net pretty soon. Should be interesting to
hear what they have to say.

--
 Nerds of the world unite!

 Phil Ngai (408) 982-6554
 UUCPnet: {ucbvax,decwrl,ihnp4,allegra,intelca}!amd!phil
 ARPAnet: amd!phil at decwrl.ARPA