system 5 -vs- 4.2bsd -- portability questions

bet at ecsvax.UUCP bet at ecsvax.UUCP
Fri Aug 3 23:59:27 AEST 1984

Where should I look to find descriptions of the differences between
system 5 and 4.2 BSD UNIX? I am moderately fmailiar with the Berkeley
stuff, know nothing about System 5 enhancements, and am going to try
and port Writer's Workbench to 4.2bsd from the System 5 distribution.
This package shouldn't be needing to use anything *too* obscure, but it
is too much to hope that I might be able to just type make and be done
with it. Please mail me any references you might have, or mention
things that might be different. If I get enough requests I will post a
summery, otherwise I will mail a summery to anyone who asks.

					Bennett Todd
					...{decvax,ihnp4,akgua}!mcnc!ecsvax!bet