Local Area Network. Suggestions?

Chris J. Grevstad chris at byucsa.UUCP
Wed Aug 22 14:54:58 AEST 1984

<>

We are interested in setting up a LAN in our CS department.  We have
currently three 11/750's with plans for a fourth one.  We also have
a Tandem, 4341, Onyx and possibilities for an HP1000 and some sort
of micro-vax.  We are running an older Gandalf data switch.  We have
4.2BSD.

We have four CDC 9766's and three Eagles.  We'd like to network at least
the vaxen together along with all seven drives into a distributed
system with one of the vaxen acting as a file server.

I'm not real knowledgeable about networks so I would appreciate any and
all comments/suggestions/recommendations.

Please reply via mail to: harpo!utah-cs!beesvax!byucsa!chris

If sufficient interest and response I will post a summary.

Thanks.

--

Chris Grevstad

You see what you want to see...