Mailer Help Wanted

shawn%mit-eddie at futura.UUCP shawn%mit-eddie at futura.UUCP
Fri Aug 10 07:13:55 AEST 1984

If you wher going to write a new unix mail system, to work with all
current unix mailers, what constraints would you keep in mind,
and is there anything around to describe the various format's, and
protocols of mailers. I would basiclly like to get an idea of how
much is involved, and if reasonable, over the next fiew years,
come up with a new mail system. Of course, this request is just
to come up with an idea to let me know how reasonable it is.
But I am getting very tired of delivermail, and /bin/mail, and ucbmail,
all halting my system (runtime wise) when the run... Thanks
for any help.

			Yours In Hacking,
		  	   -- Shawn