Can't get uba1 to work w/750 under 4.2

CC.ALAN at COLUMBIA-20.ARPA CC.ALAN at COLUMBIA-20.ARPA
Tue Aug 21 08:53:52 AEST 1984

From:  Alan Crosswell <CC.ALAN at COLUMBIA-20.ARPA>

Can anybody give me some pointers as to why autoconf can't find my dmf32
and 2 dz11's on uba1?  Uba1 comes up at nexus tr9 but none of the devices
come up.  I've looked thru the code in vax/autoconf.c and added printfs
and the problem is that badaddr() returns true (i.e. the address does
not respond).  I can't figure out what to try next;  everything on uba0
works fine: uda50, 2 dmf32's.  I know that at least one of the dz's
works because the machine was running VMS just last week (no jokes that VMS
broke the hardware, please).  I am using the VMS Autosizer (EVSBA) diagnostic
SELECT ALL/SHOW DEVICE listing to get the CSR addresses and assume that
it is correct since the dmf's on uba0 work fine.

There are some other devices on uba1 that I am ignoring for now (dup's
and dmc's),  but I don't see how that could matter.  When running
GENERIC,  the two dmc's (which have csr's in the block of dz's in the
GENERIC config file) did respond properly to the dz driver's probe routine
(i.e. autoconf said dzx at uba1 yyy although the device was actually a dmc).

Help?
Alan Crosswell
Columbia U.
-------