help - ospeed and libtermcap.a

Hokey hokey at plus5.UUCP
Sat Aug 18 06:15:19 AEST 1984

We are using SysV with bits of release 2.  I am porting CCA EMACS to
our machine, and have run into a bit of trouble with the ospeed variable.

Apparently, in every version of the termcap library except for SysV, the
ospeed variable is *not* defined in libtermcap.a.  SysVr2 does not include
libtermcap.a.  If you want it, there is an emulation package in libcurses.
This emulation package does not define ospeed, either.  Libcurses uses the
terminfo database (although it is slightly different from the terminfo
package sent with CCA EMACS).

Can anybody shed some light on this ospeed business?
--
Hokey           ..ihnp4!plus5!hokey
		  314-725-9492