grading in uucico

Piet Beertema piet at mcvax.UUCP
Mon Aug 6 22:22:48 AEST 1984

<...>

	>....passes mail on demand but batches news and prepares the
	>file transfer during off-peak hours....
That's the scheme we follow, but still...

Basically you're right, Peter, that this could solve the problem.
However, it doesn't in all cases. It will only work when you can
be sure to handle the news stuff every night. Almost the opposite
is the case here at mcvax: we can never be sure that setting up a
link to decvax/philabs will succeed every night or even get as far
as transferring news. So there we are: news has been batched up at
the other side for us to transfer during nighttime, but we don't
succeed in getting it; so the next try (during daytime, meant for
mail only) will get us that news, without us having a possibility
to prevent that. That's why I added that grading in uucico and kept
it after switching to batching.
--
	Piet Beertema, CWI, Amsterdam
	...{decvax,philabs}!mcvax!piet