how fast is signal handling

Fred Moore fredm at tekgvs.UUCP
Tue Aug 28 08:43:31 AEST 1984

----------------------------
I'm a novice posting to a wizards news group so please have patience with me.

I've been trying to setup communication between processes by having
one catch a particular signal.  Unfortunately this seems to take half of
forever.  Does it strike anyone out there is upwards of 3/10 of a
second between the time one process sends the signal and the second process
grabs the signal and begins handling it?

The 3/10 of a second is real time, but it was measured with the load averages
on our machine  very, very low, other times I obtained ranged up to 3/4 of
a second during busier times.

Any thoughts wizards?  Please reply via mail.

Fred Moore (tektronix!tekgvs!fredm)