S1 and other myths

lcc.bob at UCLA-LOCUS.ARPA lcc.bob at UCLA-LOCUS.ARPA
Tue Aug 7 11:04:45 AEST 1984

From:            Bob English <lcc.bob at UCLA-LOCUS.ARPA>

Guess what guys, we've got this wonderful operating system that
does everything you could ever want!  Compatibility?  We've got
it!  Networking?  We've got it!  Databases?  We've got 'em!
Kitchen sinks? Yep, we've got them, too!  In fact, we're so
flexible, we can probably add features as fast as you can name
them!

I'm probably a little biased--LCC is, after all, primarily
involved in operating systems development--but Multi Solution's
marketing approach makes me doubt their product's existence.
Who would you believe, the guy who says, "Look, this approach is
better than yours..." and proceeds to show you why, or the one
who says, "I know what you don't like, so I'll tell you what you
want to hear...", but won't, or can't, show you even a prototype
of a working system?

Maybe S1 is everything they claim, but until they show something
that works, I'll remain skeptical.

--bob--