How do I restor a set of incremental dumps?

Spencer W. Thomas thomas at utah-gr.UUCP
Mon Jan 16 15:17:39 AEST 1984

Well, I know this isn't an answer for your case, but the 4.2 restore
(note the 'e' on the end) program must be run on a MOUNTED disk, and
creates the new files using the standard creat and mknod calls.  Really
helps to leave your disks in a more consistent state.  (At least, this is
my understanding of what it is doing.)  I recently switched to 4.2, and
in the process, modified the disk layout drastically (splitting what was
previously 2 filesystems into 4).  Since neither of the old filesystems
would have fit into the new slots, I just created symbolic links to the
parts I wanted to put on another filesystem, and it all worked!

E.g., put /usr/src on /w/src:
	mount /usr and /w appropriately
	mkdir /w/src
	ln -s /w/src /usr/src