How do you turn off encryption in the vi editor?

lsk at ltuxa.UUCP lsk at ltuxa.UUCP
Sat Jan 21 06:57:28 AEST 1984

I have a slight problem with encryption in vi.

vi -x will let you encrypt a file.

The regular editor uses the 'X' command such that
"an explicitly empty key turns off encryption."

There is no X command in vi or ex, as far as I can tell.

HOW DO YOU TURN ENCRYPTION OFF IN VI equivalent to the
X command of the regular editor?

I am tired of escaping to the shell to do a
"!crypt < % > tmp" and type in the key again!

Thanks for your help.

Please mail responses to " . . . !ltuxa!nwuxc!lsk"
and I will post a summary.

=larry
AT&T Corporate Staff, an AT&T Technologies, Inc. Group

P.S. I suppose I shouldn't mention that the documentation doesn't
     seem to list -x as an option, and I just stumbled across
     it, but what the heck.