4.2 BSD replacement for jobs

leei at princeton.UUCP leei at princeton.UUCP
Sat Jan 21 09:24:39 AEST 1984

Anyone out there able to give me some very large hints about how to convert
a piece of software which uses Berkeley 4.1's jobs library to run under 4.2.
What I have is a local text editor that the secretaries love (it's very
simple) and we can't get them to move onto the new machine until I can get
it working.

Has anyone out there implemented a jobs downward compatibility package or
have available some sort of Field Guide to Conversion that would describe
the kinds of things I need to do?  I can almost certainly puzzle it out
given time, but I'm sure someone else could probably explain it to me really
a lot more clearly than the old man page search.  Even just a list of all of
the relevant 4.2 routines would be nice.

Of course, reply to me by mail.  If I find out anything generally useful, I'll
post it.

--
"... wiiiiiith a Herring!"
Lee Iverson