UNIX IPC Datagram Reliability under - (nf)

andree at uokvax.UUCP andree at uokvax.UUCP
Sun Jan 22 13:56:41 AEST 1984

#R:allegra:-220500:uokvax:6200010:000:374
uokvax!andree    Jan 20 21:38:00 1984

Gee, that's interesting. Non-guaranteed datagram service in Unix would fit
well with the Unix philosophy ("all the rope you need, and you can hang
yourself if you want to"), and has been done before (the ameoba (sp?) system).

I *hope* they did it that way in the kernel. I also hope they provided a
library that DOES DO reliable transmission - in multiple flavors.

	<mike