anonymous ftps aren't recorded in wtmp

lepreau%utah-cs at sri-unix.UUCP lepreau%utah-cs at sri-unix.UUCP
Sat Jan 14 10:56:57 AEST 1984

From:  Jay Lepreau <lepreau at utah-cs>

Index: etc/ftpd.c 4.2BSD
Repeat-By:
Fix:
--------
You sure your fix works?  I don't think it will record any logout times,
just logins (leaving everything "still-logged-in"), because the second
record of each session has got to be after the chroot(), unless you
leave an extra fork hanging around.  So what I did here was just create
a ~ftp/usr/adm/wtmp file, suitably protected.  This works in concert
with a minor but useful enhancement I long ago made to "last" to take a
-f <file> argument.  Code avail on request.

lepreau at utah-cs, {harpo,hplabs}!utah-cs!lepreau