smalltalk request

phil%rice at sri-unix.UUCP phil%rice at sri-unix.UUCP
Sat Jan 14 05:18:15 AEST 1984

From:  William LeFebvre <phil at rice>

I'm getting this from a knowlegable individual at our site...

Berkeley does have a version of Smalltalk-80 called BS II.  It runs on
the Sun 1.5 under Sun 4.2, but I believe that they have a version that
runs on the Vax with a locally-munged AED 512 as a terminal.  The
system is in beta test right now; you might want to contact Dave
Patterson at UCB (pattrsn%ucbkim at berkeley).

Keep in mind that BS II is a research tool, not a piece of production
software.