Disgusting kernel hack - (nf)

preece at uicsl.UUCP preece at uicsl.UUCP
Thu Jan 19 13:47:30 AEST 1984

#R:isrnix:-1800:uicsl:12500019:000:677
uicsl!preece    Jan 18 08:43:00 1984

Well, there ARE some times I don't want my terminal output paged.
One case is when I'm downloading files to my PC. Another is when
I'm just watching a script run and I don't really want to be part of
the process. In any case, it seems like this behavior might reasonably
be made part of the shell, rather than the tty driver. In fact, what
we really need is a shell oriented to CRT use rather than TTY use.
Some of these have started appearing for micro Unices. I imagine that
sometime in the next couple of years someone will produce a really
good one and make it available via net.sources and it will be the
new default for everyone.

scott preece
ihnp4!uiucdcs!uicsl!preece