restor from tu78 with 4.1bsd

Bill Schell bill at allegra.UUCP
Wed Jan 4 17:03:33 AEST 1984

We are unable to get the R (or r) option of restor working on 4.1bsd
using a tu78.  Symptoms are:

restor rf /dev/rmt8 /dev/rhp0a   -- this hangs
restor rf /dev/mt8 /dev/rhp0a  -- runs but misses most files saying
				  missing address (header) block
restor xf /dev/rmt8 filenames...  -- works OK
dd if=/dev/rmt8 of=/junk bs=10240;restor rf /junk /dev/rhp0a
				  -works OK

The problem is that for large file systems, we cannot create a /junk.
We suspect there is a problem with restor (or possibly the tu78 driver).
Someone must have done this successfully, would you let us know?

-Bill Schell
 (allegra!bill)