Use of encrypt (3C)

dew dewo1 at ihuxn.UUCP
Wed Jan 11 01:16:44 AEST 1984

Has anyone ever tried to decrypt a message using the setkey/encrypt
functions supplied in UNIX?

I am running on a 3B20S, under USG 5.0 UNIX. I need to take a message,
encrypt it, and then decrypt it.

Thinking that I might as well use the best - after all, these are the
functions that are used to encrypt passwords - I tried using these
two functions.  No luck.  I could not get the text decrypted.

I checked out how passwd(1) works, to see if it decrypted, but it does
not - just compares two encrypted strings.

Has anyone got any ideas?  I will use other functions if they are
available.

			Doug Whitten
			ihuxn!dewo1