4.2 packet mode NOSTOP

mike%rice at sri-unix.UUCP mike%rice at sri-unix.UUCP
Mon Jan 16 09:49:00 AEST 1984

From:  Mike Caplinger <mike at rice>

Is it intended that a pty in packet mode claim that it should stop
(stop/start == ^S/^Q) even if the slave end has been put into RAW mode?
This makes it impossible to use Emacs commands that have been bound to
^S or ^Q over an rlogin connection.  It would be easy enough to fix,
but does anybody have any opinions as to how it's supposed to work?

Please respond to me, as I am not on this list.  Also, I would prefer
to stay out of the standard philospohical debate as to whether
interactive programs should run in RAW mode, etc.

			- Mike