DEC Unix + DECNET gateways

kds at intelca.UUCP kds at intelca.UUCP
Tue Jan 31 08:30:23 AEST 1984

NOW that DEC has announced real Unix support, does anyone know the bounds
to that support in terms of foreign hardware configurations, etc?  Apparently
(somehow it works out) you can use someone else's hardware
under VMS (e.g., we use SI some controllers here).  Is DEC going to provide
the same kind of support (the real amount of which, I don't quite know).

Also, in the same vein, is there some way to put a VAX running Unix on
the DECNET that supports the same kind and speed of file transfers, etc.

Finally (I ask lots of questions) does anyone out there in netland know
how the gateway between DEC's internal net (which I presume runs over
some kind of DECNET) and usenet (at decwrl) works?  Is the software to
do this available?
--
Ken Shoemaker, Intel, Santa Clara, Ca.
{pur-ee,hplabs,ucbvax!amd70,ogcvax!omsvax}!intelca!kds