Help! Ethernet configuration

Steve Harpster steve at tellab3.UUCP
Fri Jul 27 07:39:16 AEST 1984

I've been trying to get our Ethernet up for a couple months now and I'm
running out of ideas. It seems to come up and go down on its own. Even
rebooting has no effect. I suspect now I may have something configured
incorrectly which would be no surprise --- I only have half of the
documentation for the controller and I'm impatiently waiting for more
to trickle in.

Anyway, we're running several VAX 750's with the Interlan Ethernet
controller. Each 750 also has 2 DH/DM's and a DZ-11. My question is
where does the Ethernet controller go in the list of floating interrupt
vector devices? My interrupt vectors currently look something like this:

	dm0	320
	dm1	330
	il0	340
	dh0	360
	dh1	400
	dz0	420

Does il0 belong AFTER the dh's? Before the dm's? I moved it there after
the dz and Unix couldn't find it at boot time. It came set at 340 so I
left it there and configured things around it.

A skillion thanks to any help.
--
...ihnp4!tellab1!steve
Steve Harpster