Help -- pic will not compile

phil at RICE.ARPA phil at RICE.ARPA
Sat Jul 21 05:37:09 AEST 1984

From:  William LeFebvre <phil at RICE.ARPA>

I just started playing with pic a little and I discovered what I
thought was a bug in "pltroff.c".  But, when I made a change and tried
to remake pic, the c compiler told me that there was a missing endif.
Upon closer examination, I noticed that indeed there is a
"#ifdef OLDTROFF" right before put1 that has no matching #endif.
"Gee, I must have goofed at some earlier time", I say to myself,
but the file hasn't been modified (if I can believe the last modified
time).  But I didn't think that object files came on the distribution.
I thought I rememberd compiling everything when I first got the stuff
off tape.

This is the Berkeley Unix version of the ditroff distribution.  I don't
know if they have separate distributions for 4.1 and 4.2, but if they
do, it is the 4.1 version.  Has anyone else experienced this problem?
Go look at pic/pltroff.c in your ditroff distribution and tell me if it
has one too few #endif-s.  And if it doesn't, tell me where the last
one is supposed to go.  Looking at the code, it is obvious to me that
it is the last of three #endif-s that is missing.

All help will be greatly appreciated.

                                William LeFebvre
				Department of Computer Science
				Rice University