instrumenting caches on Vaxen

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui at nsc.UUCP
Sun Jul 22 00:56:24 AEST 1984

We'd like to be able to watch our cache and see if it is operating
properly. It passes Dec's diagnostics but we feel that the performance
boost we should be getting is not there. Has anyone out there developed a
way to instrument the cache during normal timesharing? We can always brute
force it by running things in single user mode and pulling it for a control
time but I'd rather see how it's working under real loads. Any hints would
be very welcome!

chuq

--
>From the Kitchen of the Bistro:		Chuq Von Rospach
{amd,fortune,hplabs,ihnp4}!nsc!chuqui	(408) 733-2600 x242

Not the official Plaid Warlock of the 1984 olympics.