YABB (Yet Another Bourne Bug?)

Jack Jansen jack at vu44.UUCP
Tue Jul 17 00:19:07 AEST 1984

Sometimes the bourne shell does one of the two following things
(on an 11/34 running V7M):
- Print ": is not an identifier"
- Throw away the last few chars of my last exported variable.
This seems to happen if I have a few shells nested, and have lots
of shell variables. (By the way, it happens as soon as I try to execute
a shell script, or start a sub-shell). I guess it is some kind of
memory problem, but I haven't got the nerves to poke around in the
bourne shell.
 Has someone fixed this problem? Any ideas?

	Jack Jansen, {philabs|decvax}!mcvax!vu44!jack