me, nroff and refer .... HELP

david david at cernvax.UUCP
Tue Jul 17 07:22:57 AEST 1984

Is there anyone using refer with the Berkley me macro package ?? The problems
I have are the following:
1) Long titles in the reference database often (but not always) come out
   split over two (consecutive) pages !!! This makes reading references
   more interesting but a little non standard !!!

2) Posponing references to the end and then using $LIST$ seems to cause not
   just a dump of the references but puts the dotted line with the
   references following. Thus this is just like one massive running
   reference table. I expect it to just print them out without the nice
   dotted line !

3) I only wanted to do (2) because I could find no way of calling refer
   such that it would collate references to the same paper on the same
   page into just one reference.

Is there anyone out there who has solved these problems ....... PLEASE !!!

		 Cheers David Foster, CERN DD Division, 1211 Geneva 23
							Switzerland.