HASP protocols on Pdp-11 Unix

rad at MITRE-BEDFORD.ARPA rad at MITRE-BEDFORD.ARPA
Sat Jul 21 00:00:00 AEST 1984

> Does anyone have a program that will allow a pdp-11/24 running 2.9 BSD
> to communicate w/IBM (ugh) main frames using HASP?
>
> This is for some people within our university system, not on the net (yet),
> who need to do this.  Any all pointers will be appreciated.

  We have what's called a ComBoard from Software Results Corporation
connecting our VAX-11/780 running BSD 4.1 to one of our IBM
mainframes.  We also have 4 PDP-11/70s running RSTS that each have
their own Comboard to talk to the same machine.  They all talk HASP.
It's likely that they have software to hook up to BSD 2.9.

  Full address:

  Software Results Corporation
  2887 Silver Drive
  Columbus, Ohio 43211-1081
  Telephone 614-267-2203
  WATS 800-SRC-DATA

  I didn't install the board, but have been told by the person who
did that the installation was relatively painless.

Dick Dramstad
rad at mitre-bedford