bug in 4.2 tip

speck at cit-vax.ARPA speck at cit-vax.ARPA
Tue Jul 10 13:06:32 AEST 1984

From:  Don Speck <speck at cit-vax.ARPA>

Index: 4.2 BSD tip acu.c

Coincidentally, I fixed the bug in 'cm' here just an hour before it was
mentioned on Unix-wizards.  But I think what you want is:
$ diff -b acu.old.c acu.c   # look in routine connect()
41c41
<			pwrite(FD, cp, size(CM));
---
>			pwrite(FD, CM, size(CM));

instead of &CM as was claimed.	(This is what works here).

    Tip also has a problem with lockfiles.  It runs setuid to uucp,
makes a lockfile in /usr/spool/uucp/, throws away its setuid/setgid,
and much later it tries to remove the lockfile and can't.  Is there
a pre-existing fix to this one (using fork() perhaps?)	If so, can
someone point me to it?
						-Don Speck-