PIXEL & OPTIMUM

efrem at LBL-CSAM.ARPA efrem at LBL-CSAM.ARPA
Sat Jul 7 10:45:20 AEST 1984

From:  (Efrem Lipkin [DBG])efrem at LBL-CSAM.ARPA

I've benchmarked the Integrated Solution system running 4.2 and was
very impressed with its performance when running multiple C compiles.
It left every other 68,000 system I'd tried or read about coughing in
the dust.  However their port is not yet tuned and the file system is
still slow.  I visited the plant, talked with the people, and expect
good things from them.

However, I would not try to run more than 5 or maybe 6 serious users on
anything with a single 68,000.  A couple of "makes" will produce unhappy
users.

						-- Efrem Lipkin
						   efrem at lbl-csam