Pyramid comments requested

Steve Dyer sdyer at bbncca.ARPA
Fri Jun 22 16:50:23 AEST 1984

One of the interesting things I got out of last week's USENIX conference
was an amazing amount of favorable word-of-mouth about the Pyramid machines
(outside their vendor booth.)  Several people (you know who you are) spoke
highly about the Price/Performance ratio versus VAXes, as well as
their overall reliability.

I would like to make a formal request to additional Pyramid users out there
to forward me your own opinions based on your experience.  I will
summarize when sufficient replies come in.  For background, whatever
machines we buy will be used for general program development: 15-30
people using screen editors, compilations, probably some UUCP and
ethernet traffic.
--
/Steve Dyer
{decvax,linus,ima}!bbncca!sdyer