output redirection from a compat

chris at umcp-cs.UUCP chris at umcp-cs.UUCP
Fri Jun 8 22:37:34 AEST 1984

You have to change the chess program itself to do ``fflush''es
after writing a line to stdout, or change the compat C library to
fflush even if (!isatty(1)).

[Personally, I'd like to see *all* the FILE entities be fully
buffered unless otherwise specified, and have people use fflush()
where appropriate ... but I suppose that might be a bit too painful
to implement.]
--
In-Real-Life: Chris Torek, Univ of MD Comp Sci (301) 454-7690
CSNet:	chris at umcp-cs		ARPA:	chris at maryland