Pyramid architectural restraints

pete pete at lvbull.UUCP
Thu Jun 21 23:21:38 AEST 1984

Here Here for UNIX hacks for those old word address machines!  Would
rather run a hacked UNIX than GCOS/mod400 for example.

I also have been battleing with word address machines for a few years
now and can appreciate the problems.

Maybe we should exchange software that has been hacked for
word addressing machines; Ex: my 4bsd networking on a V7 filesystem.

Anyway it would be nice to see word addressing bugs removed from
the UNIX sources; it get a little booring macking the same hack
in the kernel in iomove(), uiomove(), again and again.

Will Bell and Berkely accept word-addressing fixes as worth-while.
I believe all the newworking hackes were in mbuf.h and sys_inode.c