XMAGIC: a.out without a valid page 0?

John Bruner jdb at mordor.UUCP
Tue Jun 19 02:13:58 AEST 1984

Actually, I was proposing XMAGIC as an optional alternative to
ZMAGIC, not as a replacement for it.  We want XMAGIC to aid debugging
of locally-written programs.  I don't have the time to fix all of the
poorly-written utilities that try to reference through zero.  By
continuing to use ZMAGIC as the default I can sidestep the issue to
some extent.

Of course, any library routines which expect references through
(foo *)0 to work will need to be modified.  Does anyone have a feel
for the number of routines that may need modification?
--
  John Bruner (S-1 Project, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory)
  MILNET: jdb at mordor.ARPA [jdb at s1-c]	(415) 422-0758