ld: Local symbol botch - What is it? - (nf)

brad at bradley.UUCP brad at bradley.UUCP
Fri Jun 15 14:07:00 AEST 1984

#N:bradley:400001:000:637
bradley!brad    Jun  1 23:07:00 1984

Maybe someone out in netland can help. I have a lex file which
I lex'ed'. After lex'ing' it I tried to compile it. But in the
'ld' section I get 'Local symbol botch'. I have checked the program
for duplicate names and such and found nothing. I looked at the
ld source and not sure what I see. It looks like it is failing in
'lookloc' and lookloc looks like it is looking up the address of
a function? I don't know. Any pointers as to hwo to cure this
problem would be helpful:

System info: PDP 11/44, 2.9BSD

I might add that this program is part of writers work bench. It
is the style1 program.

{ihnp4,uiucdcs,cepu,noao}!bradley!brad