dbx'ing csh

moss at BRL-VLD.ARPA moss at BRL-VLD.ARPA
Tue Jun 12 01:17:30 AEST 1984

From:      "Gary S. Moss (DRXBR-VLD-V)" <moss at BRL-VLD.ARPA>

~ Help! For various reasons, I want (need) to dbx the csh (obviously 4.2bsd).
~ I recomplied everything with the -g option but when I dbx csh, I get the
~ error
~
~	"dbx: fatal error: not linked for debugging, use "cc -g ...""
~
~ ihnp4!tellab1!steve

Steve --
	Working from memory, I believe you must put the -g in the loading
phase of your compilation, rather than in the compilation phase.  That is,
adding it to CFLAGS in your Makefile will not work.

-- Moss.