How to Increase User Virtual Memory Allocation ?

dan at NADC.ARPA dan at NADC.ARPA
Fri Jun 15 23:19:56 AEST 1984

Hello,

I want to rebuild our UNIX 4.1 BSD system to allow a user process that
requires just under 9M bytes of memory to run.  Size tells me the
following.

         text   data        bss      dec     hex
	36864	5120	8926304	 8968288  88d860

The write up on page 21 of the Installing/Operating 4.1bsd leaves some
information to be desired.  I can see that I have to increase "MAXDSIZ".
What do I have to change in "dmap.h" and "text.h".   What changes do I
have to make to confhp.c? I do have the line "config    hphp vmunix" in
the in system configuration file. The primary swap area is hp0b and the
and the alternate is hp1b (16M + 16M).  The entry /dev/hp1b::sw:: is in
/etc/fstab.

What other changes do I have to make?

What commands (like ps and w ) have to be recompiled?

				Thanks,
				Dan Tarrant (AV 441-3985)
   					    (Comm 215-441-3985)